What’s on the list of gardening jobs for June?
June is a great month for sun-lovers with the 21st being the longest day of the year!
This means more sunlight to help our gardens grow!
So while the sun is shining it’s the perfect time for being out in the garden.
You can get a few jobs ticked off your list, then sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of your labours!
So, what are your Gardening Jobs for June?
Here are our 10 Top Tips:
- If you grow your own fruit and veg, you can pick strawberries, early potatoes, lettuce and other salads now. There’s nothing like a barbecue with a home-grown salad on the side!
- Plant your favourite summer flowers in beds, borders and pots
- After roses have flowered, deadhead them to encourage new growth and flowers
- Take care of tomato plants – give them a feed and pinch out side-shoots
- Stay on top of watering – it’s a tough time for grass, plants and flowers that don’t like the heat! Just make sure there’s not a hosepipe ban in your area!
- Divide spring bulbs. Dig up the bulbs, divide them and re-plant for even more blooms!
- Keep planting salad seeds every couple of weeks to enjoy them for as long as possible!
- Pull up weeds regularly to keep your garden tidy and avoid self-seeding
- Add more colour with hanging baskets on your house, fences or summer house
- Cut your grass weekly and treat your lawn to a feed if it needs it
And, as a bonus tip – make sure you spend as much time as possible enjoying your garden!